- The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 13.04 (nginx, BIND, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3)
- Ubuntu 13.04 Samba Standalone Server With tdbsam Backend
- The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 13.04 (Apache2, BIND, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3)
- How To Upgrade Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal) To 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) (Desktop & Server)
- Setting Up ProFTPd + TLS On Ubuntu 12.10
How to Install & Configure Openfire XMPP/Jabber Messenger Server Windows
Openfire (formerly Wildfire) is a real time collaboration (RTC) server dual-licensed under the Open Source GPL and commercially. It uses the only widely adopted open protocol for instant messaging, XMPP (also called Jabber). Openfire is incredibly easy to setup and administer, but offers rock-solid security and performance.
First We need to login as administrator into windows server and download Openfire:
You also need to download IM client. example : Miranda IM
Execute openfire_3_4_1.exe by clicking it.
You need to select your language. ex : English
Click OK button to Setup Wizard page
Click Next to continue
Click I Accept the agreement and click Next button to continue
Click Next to continue
Click Next to Continue the installation process.
Wait for a while until the installation process completed.
Click Finish button, It will automatically launch Openfire Console
Click Launch Admin to access the admin page to continue Setup Progress
Click Continue button
You need to input your domain, ex : wowtutorial.org
Admin Console Port : 9090
Secure Admin Console Port : 9091
We can choose Embedded Database so we don't need to use external database such as mysql,mssql etc.
Click Continue button.
You need to input your Admin email address and admin password.
Click Continue to Finish
Click Login to the admin console button
Input your Admin user and password, Click Login button to continue
In this admin page, we can setup a user account, configure openfire jabber server and install plugin, create conference room etc.
This is a sample list users/groups page. In this page you can create/delete/modify your user account.
Test it out. Install Miranda IM.
Execute Miranda IM and click in Options.
Choose Jabber and configure the jabber server. ex : wowtutorial.org
and input your jabber username and password
Connected into jabber server via miranda IM
- Infographic: New Crew Believes Job Jumping Helps Climb the Corporate Ladder
- Gearing Up for a Monumental Event: IT Connections Opens Call for Content
- Microsoft's Billion-Dollar Businesses, Past and Future
- Microsoft's "Don't fight. Switch." campaign for Windows Phone
- Fully Automate Your Quarterly Build & Capture Process